Job title: Software Engineer
Location: Brighton or Sheffield, UK
The gomo team is looking for an exceptional developer to join us full-time. This role presents a great opportunity to work in a fast-paced SaaS (Software as a Service) product development team on the continuing development.
Day-to-day work will focus on the ongoing evolution of the product suite through prioritised roadmap development of new features and functionality, improvements to the existing product and client customisations.
The successful candidate will work within friendly, passionate and dedicated team using agile methodologies to deliver future iterations of our product suite.
- With the support of the Lead Developers, ensure that development work is fit for purpose, functions effectively and delivers the agreed objectives
- Work to a technical development plan, identifying and working with the Lead Developers to resolve issues and deliver expected results
- Conduct appropriate testing throughout development and ensure it conforms to relevant standards and development best practices
- Energy, enthusiasm and a desire to produce awesome work and learn while you’re doing it
- Experience in development languages and libraries including/or similar to Java, NodeJS, Laravel, Handlebars.js, Angular.js, jQuery, Modernizr
- Experience using version control systems e.g. GIT and practices e.g. GIT Flow
- Experience of writing good quality code against defined coding and development standards
- Knowledgeable and demonstrable understanding of object-oriented development including design patterns
- Ability to work within a team under direction from the Director of Product Development and the senior development team
- Willingness to use software facilities provided by gomo to ensure version control, client feedback, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the team as required to explain and define requirements for required work
- Knowledge of web standards and experience of using validation tools
- Awareness of Agile / SCRUM methodology
- Experience of server side technologies and frameworks, e.g. PHP Frameworks, Node.JS and APIs
- Experience of database technologies, e.g. MySQL and Mongo.DB
gomo is an award-winning eLearning authoring, hosting and distribution tool. Since gomo’s launch in 2014, its hassle-free, multi-device learning suite has won multiple awards including two Brandon Hall awards for the Best Advance in Content Authoring Technology. gomo was named the #1 authoring tool in the world in 2016 by industry expert Craig Weiss and, in 2017, gomo featured on Training Industry’s list of ‘Top 20 Authoring Tools as well as ‘Core Leader’ on Fosway Group’s 9-Grid™ authoring system report. gomo’s global customer base includes PWC, Jaguar Land Rover, L’Oreal, EE, British Airways, Shell, Santander, PwC, Boots and Deloitte. gomo is part of Learning Technologies Group plc’s award-winning group of specialist learning technology businesses.
At gomo we offer a competitive salary and an impressive benefits package including a healthcare cash plan, life assurance, pension contributions, a ShareSave scheme, flexible working, a discretionary bonus scheme and travel loans along with access to Perkbox for individually tailored benefits and offers. All that and great bean-to-cup coffee and fresh fruit in our UK offices.