When it comes to Learning and Development (L&D), and choosing an elearning authoring tool, many organizations from a range of sectors require similar outcomes from their learning strategy. Many of these requirements are for learning to:
- be inclusive and accessible
- be cost effective
- be legally compliant
- develop and nurture staff
- demonstrate meaningful ROI.
Business leaders and L&D professionals are constantly searching for the correct tools that will allow them to deliver these outcomes.
With any elearning authoring tool, there are key features that will be useful for everyone, such as publishing, customization and analytics. However, as we all know, no two organizations are the same. They may be striving for the same goals but how they get there can vary drastically from company to company. How you approach achieving your goals depends on factors such as:
- What does your organization do?
- What’s your mission?
- Where are you based?
- How many people do you employ?
- How are your staff globally dispersed?
Where elearning authoring tool application gets really exciting is when you drill down within a specific organization or sector and ask; “What are the challenges in this industry and this company? How do we provide applied solutions here?”
With our upcoming automotive webinar, we’re looking at the main challenges to consider for global automotive manufacturers and the top authoring tool features to look out for that will help you achieve your goals.
- Big automotive manufacturers are often global organizations with huge employee numbers. They may have thousands of end users, all accessing elearning on their individual devices. Your authoring tool needs to be able to scale up easily to accommodate these numbers and devices.
- Global dispersal also means being part of many financial markets operating in many languages, so the ability to publish multilingual content is not just a luxury – it’s essential.
- Like many other global brands, it’s vital that the head office is able to maintain control centrally over content, distribution and analytics. However, content displayed at user level may need to be region specific.
Finding the right platform to resolve each of these key challenges can be difficult. Here are the top features to bear in mind when choosing an elearning authoring tool. Choose a tool that:
- Integrates with your LMS to rapidly publish changing content at the push of a button and distribute it to anywhere in the world instantly. This will save hours of time with each new model release or with the introduction of new products and offers.
- Is cloud-based so you can easily manage users all over the globe. A cloud solution will make collaboration between content creators a breeze.
- Is an HTML5 platform that automatically adapts and responds to different screen sizes and resolutions across the thousands of devices used. The last thing you need is to take on troubleshooting problems with individual devices when you have thousands of end users.
- Easily scales-up so you can add unlimited users at anytime.
- Allows you to build region-specific content depending on the learner’s location. If you manufacture a car in Sweden that is sold all over the world there may be region-specific issues to consider. For example, the default tires in a cold country with frequent snow may vary from the tires provided in a country with a hot climate.
- Can seamlessly handle publishing your course content in many different languages quickly and easily.
- Allows you to centrally control all elements of your content. Imagine rebranding and updating your logos or brand colours over thousands of devices. If this isn’t controlled centrally, you’ll end up regretting it.
- Offers comprehensive admin control. By granting different levels of admin permissions to specific users, day-to-day delegation becomes much easier. It also means you can work on embargoed or sensitive content without the risk of anyone seeing it until you’re ready.
- Is proven to be secure! This is a big one. In today’s technological age hackers pose a real problem to big organizations who store terabytes of personal data and market-sensitive information. Make sure your authoring tool has been tried, tested and audited before giving it your stamp of approval.
There are other areas to consider, of course, but this list is a great start! Now you’re ready to start your search for the ideal elearning authoring tool. As you’ve probably guessed, every one of the features in this list is included in the gomo learning suite as standard. If you’d like to see for yourself sign up for the 21 day free trial.
Alternatively, join us on October 27th for the webinar ‘Transform your learning strategy: automotive with Volvo’ and hear more on elearning in the automotive industry first hand from one of our key clients.
Dolf Smuts (Volvo)
“We have been using gomo to adapt our learning strategy and improve the way we communicate across the business. gomo has also been adopted by our Research and Development teams, giving us maximum value for investment”.