My name is Adam. Nice to meet you!
I work with a team of extremely talented people on a product called Instilled. We are part of an organization that has a long history in learning technologies and I am constantly impressed with the passion and the expertise my colleagues have in this field. Right now we have an opportunity for an experienced lead developer to join a team that is shaking up the learning industry with a ground-breaking content delivery platform. You will work alongside some of the best minds in the business and bring your personality and technical expertise to lead our team of developers. If you are passionate about technology and seeking an opportunity to make a real impact we want to hear from you!
How will I know this is for me?
Our ideal candidate is friendly, enthusiastic and equally as passionate about technology as we are. The team spans multiple locations and time-zones so a self-starter attitude and excellent communication skills are key. We know not everyone has experience in the learning industry; that’s fine. We want someone that understands code, has strong leadership skills, and has the capacity for learning new technologies and growing.
Our current tech stack is comprised of Java, Spring, PostgreSQL, AngularJS, and others. These things change though, so being able to adapt to whatever technology the task demands is key. We want you to have an opinion about how technology can be applied, but remain equally open-minded about new or different approaches. Working well with others is vital as this role will be fundamental in leading a team to re-shape our product architecture. You must be able to clearly articulate a concept because the role will not only nurture other team members but also big brands like Audi, PNC Bank, L’Oreal and more.
- Experience leading / coaching other developers
- Experience in commercial software development
- Experience working with databases such as MySQL, Mongo, etc.
- Java programming experience
- Experience using version control software such as Git
- Experience using AWS
- Experience using Docker/Kubernetes is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Attention to detail
- Friendly, positive attitude
- Great sense of humour!
A little bit more about what we want you to do…
- Lead and nurture a team of remote developers
- Assess client and roadmap requirements, explore and decide on the most appropriate technical implementation
- Communicate technical solutions clearly to technical and non-technical team members
- Estimate effort and take responsibility for your own work
- Ensure your work is fit for purpose
- Be respectful of coding standards and processes
- Comment your code and communicate well – we have a dispersed team
- Identify and define approaches to improving the existing code-base – challenge the norm!
- Make bold decisions
- Drink water
Ok, sounds great! What do I do?
Please write back to me explaining why this role is a good fit. Attach your resume and feel free to outline any achievements you are particularly proud of. Don’t forget your personality, you will be key in bonding this team and will be based in a dynamic office in Nashville. So extra points for your best joke!
In addition to vacation benefits, you will be eligible upon your date of hire to participate in our health benefits program which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, HSA and FSA plans as well as short-term and long-term disability and company paid life insurance. Additionally, you will be eligible to participate in our 401(k) plan.
The salary range for this role is dependent on experience.
About the company
gomo is part of Learning Technologies Group plc’s award-winning group of specialist learning technology businesses.
For more, visit gomolearning.com.